Director, Strategic Marketing - WSG Job
Date: Oct 29, 2013
Location: San Jose, CA, US
As a Director, Strategic Marketing Solutions-WSG at Micron, you will be responsible for planning, executing and directing strategic marketing programs, projects, technology strategy, mobile memory solution innovation definition and related activity that promote and support Micron’s strategic objectives. You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure programs, projects and strategic plans have specific, measurable, actionable, relevant and timely deliverables that comply with relevant financial guidelines and legal requirements that also serve to maintain and develop WSG’s strategic presence in the market. Experience in the broader mobile market segment as evident by industry networking and recognition by peers in the mobile ecosystem (e.g. CSVs, system OEMs, competition, industry analyst, third parties, etc). This position provides strategic marketing direction for the Wireless Solutions Group. This role provides actionable market intelligence, supports business development, and provides key input for marketing messaging , business and product planning.
Responsibility 1: Technology and Product Innovation
- Develop, maintain, facilitate and evaluate project and program plans and deliverables that comply with applicable standards and expectations specific to mobile memory solutions
- Analyze technology trends and stakeholder/ecosystem and deliver feedback to identify markets for future product development to improve WSG’s strategic position in the mobile market to establish and maintain industry/market segment leadership for Micron
- Provide subject matter expertise, guidance and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders to identify and execute project/program process and delivery enhancements; must be able to establish technology and ecosystem expertise credibility with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide actionable consultation to key stakeholders that communicate the importance of metrics, analytics, customer insight and user experience in order to influence strategic marketing initiatives
Responsibility 2: Market Analysis
- Collect, synthesize and analyze business intelligence data to evaluate competitive market strategies through analysis of related product/market/consumer share trends to support recommendations for action
- Translate complex analysis into well-structured and comprehensible presentations and recommendations for corporate communication and marketing initiatives; including investment analysis and recommendations that will enhance and strengthen Micron’s overall position in the mobile market segment
- Analyze competitive positioning issues and provide appropriate and effective recommendations by delivering a technology and business strategy to WSG management with regular updates and consistent communication
- Synthesizing data from a variety of sources, identifying the mid-term and long-term trends and drivers of growth that impact the assigned mobile markets, market segment sizes, market share, and trends. Correlate data from external and internal sources to establish accurate market sizing of and projections of the future state of mobile memory. The candidate will calibrate TAM, SOM and forecasts for key Mobile Device markets, and link this data to future opportunities for growth.
Responsibility 3: Business Planning
- Analyze macro issues in the mobile market segment and provide specific recommendation on A1 goal planning in alignment with the financial and market segment share targets per annual corporate objectives
- Collaborate and provide appropriate and relevant data to product planning, product marketing and product management teams that ensure , but are not limited to; product roadmap alignment, industry leadership positioning, effective GTM and regional market planning, high value partnerships within the mobile ecosystem, efficient long term product management planning, resource allocation planning for WSG and investment prioritization for technology, IP and staff skill set balancing
- Ensure all critical market and technology data is gathered, organized and managed in an efficient manner so as to allow for fast and effective decision making by WSG leadership team
- Identify Mobile Memory Areas of Growth for the Division– Early in the business cycle, the candidate will identify growth opportunities using a diversified set of internal and external sources. Build concise, clear storyline of what the data means for Micron’s business by “connecting the dots” based on data.
- Opportunity Assessment – Analyze each opportunity for market window timing, sizing, investment required, competitive and market situation, and ability to win. Establish business case for key growth opportunities and make investment recommendations. Scope potential business value of emerging opportunities in the business and analyze and recommend scenarios for diversification or potential expansion in related product space.
Successful candidates for this position will have the following:
- Minimum 10 years strategic marketing and planning, or related experience, in the memory industry
- Minimum 5 years experience leading teams & managing global resources
- In-depth knowledge of memory sub-systems, technologies and markets
- Ability to understand mobile systems interoperability and application usage
- Established network of contacts with key OEMs and the Mobile industry
- Ability to thoroughly analyze marketing data and present it to a variety of stakeholders in a digestible & influential format
- Ability to influence and drive key decisions of products throughout the product life cycle
- Demonstrated proficiency in written, verbal and virtual communication techniques and strategy
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams both internally and externally
- Ability to cultivate relationships with people of diverse backgrounds
- Travel up to 25% (domestically and internationally) may be required
- BS or MBA in relevant discipline with a minimum of 10 years industry experience in Strategic Marketing/Planning or Product/Segment Marketing
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Micron to administer all human resource actions and benefits without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran's or other legally-protected status. Each manager, supervisor, and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy.
The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters. To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: San Jose || California (US-CA) || United States (US) || WSG || Experienced || Regular || Marketing || *LI-JT1 ||
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segments: Manager, Marketing, Marketing MBA, Network, Strategy, Management, Technology