Design Engineer (Lead) Job
Date: Mar 6, 2014
Location: San Jose, CA, US
As a Design Engineer within the NAND Core Design Team at Micron, located in San Jose, California, you will be responsible for designing and developing non-volatile NAND memory array drivers and sensing circuits as well as implementing improvements to Micron's existing designs. The successful candidate must be able to optimize performance of array circuits through simulations and customize circuits and structure based on project needs. You will work with process technology engineers to analyze array related issues, determine root cause and apply corrective actions. The advanced scaling of NAND Flash memories makes design of circuits to interface with the array extremely challenging. This is a critical role in continuing to enable NAND Flash memory cost reduction and performance and reliability improvement.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- A good understanding of NAND Flash memory operations
- Familiarity with the design of NAND Flash memory array circuits, and its physical layout considerations with respect to performance and reliability
- The ability to perform die size cost and benefits analysis of new array circuits and algorithms prior to implementation
- The ability to effectively work with the Product design teams to ensure the proper implementation and timely completion of array schematics and physical design drawings
- The ability to interact with Product Engineers during silicon debug and be able to diagnose circuit failures from silicon data
- The ability to work well with others and collaborate effectively in a team environment
- Minimum of MS degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, or a BS degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering plus 5 years post-graduate experience
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Micron to administer all human resource actions and benefits without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran's or other legally-protected status. Each manager, supervisor, and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy.
The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters. To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: San Jose || California (US-CA) || United States (US) || NSG || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || *LI-RS1 ||
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segments: Engineer, Electrical, Design Engineer, Engineering