Senior Firmware Engineer Job
Date: Sep 16, 2014
Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
As a Senior Firmware Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be responsible for architecture, design and development, and technical guidance of other firmware engineers. You will be a key technical contributor to Micron’s Solid State Drives (SSD) program. The SSD Firmware team is responsible for delivering embedded firmware solutions for ASIC controllers in SSD products.
Your responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Architecture and design of firmware for new high performance SSD products.
- Documentation of architectures, algorithms, and specifications including presentations to management and internal customers.
- Developing source code targeting the Solid State Drives (SSD) embedded environment.
- Process improvements to ensure firmware quality and time-to-market.
- Performing design verification using a variety of methods and processes, including code reviews, prototyping and product testing.
- Demonstrate the effective analysis of functional or performance issues with the firmware and hardware in test environments or target host systems.
- Work closely with Marketing, Hardware and ASIC Design engineers, and manufacturing to solve cross functional design issues.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required to interface within the team, outside the team across various disciplines, and across multiple sites.
- Proven track record as a team lead.
- Good leadership, mentoring, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in architecting, designing, and implementing complex firmware projects in mid-large teams.
- Experience working in large codebases with multiple product target.
- Proficiency in using development tools and IDE’s such as Eclipse.
- Knowledge of software/firmware development and test processes and methodologies.
Desired skills include:
- Knowledge of mass storage systems, NAND Flash memory, and SSDs (preferred).
- Experience designing and developing C/C++ for embedded firmware architectures
- SAS, SATA, ATA/AHCI, NVMe, MCTP/SMBUS, ONFI knowledge is a plus.
- TCG Storage Security and FIPS 140-2 Security requirements knowledge desired.
- A working knowledge of digital hardware design is optional, but highly desired.
- Hands on experience in firmware development and verification, system failure analysis and problem solving.
A BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering is required (MS is preferred). Must have 7+ years of experience in embedded firmware development and previous lead experience.
Keywords: Minneapolis || Minnesota (US-MN) || United States (US) || ACG (Advanced Controller Group) || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || *LI-MP1 ||
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Developer, Firmware, Embedded, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Technology, Engineering