Senior ASIC Physical Design Engineer Job
Date: Sep 17, 2014
Location: Milpitas, CA, US
Micron Technology’s Advanced Controller Group is focused on developing leading-edge memory controller and System-on-Chip (SoC) designs, incorporating advanced processor, memory, and interface IP to create market-disruptive computing and storage solutions. As an ASIC Physical Design Engineer, you will help design and execute in all phases of a physical design flow as part of a product-focused engineering team. Working with internal partners, you will leverage Micron’s inherent advantage in volatile and non-volatile memory to create innovative ASICs and systems with industry-leading levels of performance, power and cost.
This role is based at Micron’s facilities in Milpitas, California where our employees enjoy careers that allow them to be on the leading edge of the industry. Come join Micron’s Advanced Controller Group as we deliver leading-edge solutions that will change the storage, computing, and communications industries.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working as part of a highly-talented ASIC physical design team responsible for all aspects of the RTL-to-GDS implementation flow.
- Working closely with package engineering teams and front-end design teams to optimize performance, reduce power, and create compelling physical design solutions.
- Performing a range of back-end design activities, including floor-planning, clock and power distribution, place and route, timing analysis, power and signal integrity analysis, test insertion, and physical verification.
- Developing new physical design intellectual property to improve the competitiveness of ASIC solutions.
- Participating in the development and evolution of back-end ASIC design flow, implementing the flow as part of a larger team of design engineers and CAD support.
- Working with internal engineering teams and external customers to characterize new ASIC implementations and physical IP.
- Establishing and maintaining strong technical relationships with third-party partners and vendors of ASIC intellectual property and development tools.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience creating physical designs for SOCs/ASICs.
- Strong experience with floor-planning, clock distribution, power distribution, timing-driven place and route, timing analysis, power/signal integrity analysis, test insertion, and physical verification.
- A strong history in ASIC physical design IP generation and delivery.
- Experience generating and working with hard macrocells, with an understanding of physical design reuse.
- Experience with ASIC test methodologies including scan-insertion, ATPG, memory and logic BIST, at-speed test, and IDDQ test.
- Excellent teamwork skills, able to bridge between front-end and back-end teams to solve domain-spanning problems.
- Strong scripting skills with industry standard languages such as Perl, Python, and Tcl.
- Experience working with industry standard processor and bus architectures.
- Experience with HDL design and simulation using industry standard tool flows.
- Experience establishing and maintaining working relationships with key industry partners and suppliers.
- A strong demonstrated commitment to working with and supporting internal and external customers.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to other design peers in verbal and written form.
- MS or BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering is required.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Micron to administer all human resource actions and benefits without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran's or other legally-protected status. Each manager, supervisor, and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy.
The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters. To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Milpitas || California (US-CA) || United States (US) || ACG (Advanced Controller Group) || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || *LI-MP1 ||
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Engineer, CAD, Drafting, Electrical, Design Engineer, Engineering