Segment Marketing Manager – IoT Job
Date: Aug 26, 2014
Location: Milpitas, CA, US
Segment Marketing Manager is a highly strategic role in Embedded Business Unit at Micron. In this role, you will develop and manage worldwide strategies for various IMM applications. Embedded Business Unit at Micron is a high growth business unit focused on serving customers in applications like IoT (Internet of Things), Smart Cities, Factory & Building Automation, POS, Medical, M2M, Video Surveillance, Transportation, Test & Measurement, and Aerospace & Defense.
You will engage with market leading customers and industry analysts/influencers to: understand application specific trends and memory solution requirements; alignment of Micron products and roadmaps to those requirements; create and execute on strategies to grow Micron market-share in that specific segment.
You will be responsible for setting segment specific business strategy, product alignment, design win and revenue goals, and enabling regional business managers/sales with intelligence and tools to meet those goals. You will be responsible for participating in and leading Micron’s strategy in relevant Industry standards and forums related to IoT and IMM applications.
Key activities include: Analyze the embedded market, memory solution providers and technology trends to provide key insight that influences decisions; Ensure alignment of segment strategies and product strategies to our competition’s roadmap in similar timeframes; Triangulate information from multiple sources and build cases for validating or invalidating current marketing strategies; Create business/technical outbound collateral that helps our FAE’s and sales to outsell the competition.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have in depth understanding and knowledge of IMM OEM/ODM customers, sub-applications and markets, equipment design and technology trends. Ideal candidate would have held prior position in marketing or systems/applications engineering role with Equipment OEMs or semiconductor vendors serving this market segment.
- Proven ability to develop complex technical and business strategies and have the ability to solve technical/business problems with limited direction.
- Proven track record of working in a matrixed organization and ability to effectively influence multiple levels of sales, field and business unit marketing organization.
- International business/customer engagement experience and/or experience with far-east ODMs is a great plus.
- In depth knowledge of memory sub-systems (DRAM, NOR/NAND flash, SSDs) is a great plus.
- Having a good network of contacts with field sales organizations, memory solution provides, industry analysts, embedded OEMs and within the chipset/cpu/mcu industry is a plus.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Good customer presence, presentation skills and communication skills
- Ability to analyze marketing data and understand macro and micro industry trends
- Ability to understand technical/architectural requirements, be able to have a first level of application and system specific dialog with customers
- Ability to develop effective presentations, internal and external collaterals
- Detail-oriented personality, with the ability to track multiple application progress over time
- Ability and willingness to travel, sometimes internationally, up to 20 percent of the time.
BS degree in Electronics or Computer Engineering with minimum 8 years experience in a job as a Business Development Manager, Technical Sales, Technical Marketing Engineer, Systems/Applications Engineer or related occupation -or- MBA with a minimum of 5 years experience in a job as a Business Development Manager, Technical Sales, Technical Marketing Engineer, Systems Engineer
Or Milpitas/Bay Area, CA
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Micron to administer all human resource actions and benefits without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran's or other legally-protected status. Each manager, supervisor, and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy.
The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters. To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Milpitas || California (US-CA) || United States (US) || EBU (Embedded Business Unit) || Experienced || Regular || Marketing || *LI-RS1 ||
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Semiconductor, Engineer, SAP, Marketing MBA, Science, Marketing, Engineering, Technology