PC/Server Segment Marketing Manager Job
Date: Feb 22, 2014
Location: Folsom, CA, US
Key activities include: Analyze the PC/Server market, memory solution providers, technology trends, ecosystem and competitive landscape to provide key insight that influences decisions; Find, evaluate, develop & manage strategic partnerships; Ensure alignment of segment strategies and product strategies to our competition’s roadmap in similar timeframes; Triangulate information from multiple sources and build cases for validating or invalidating current marketing strategies; Create business/technical outbound collateral that help our FAE’s and sales teams to outsell the competition.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have in depth understanding and knowledge of OEM/ODM customers, sub-applications and markets, equipment design and technology trends in PC/Server segment. Ideal candidate would have held prior position in marketing or systems/applications engineering role with Equipment OEMs or semiconductor vendors serving this market segment.
- Proven ability to develop complex technical and business strategies and have the ability to solve technical/business problems with limited direction.
- Proven track record of working in a matrixed organization and ability to effectively influence multiple levels of sales, field and business unit marketing organization.
- International business/customer engagement experience and/or experience with far-east ODMs is a great plus.
- In depth knowledge of memory sub-systems (xRAM technologies and NOR/NAND flash memories) and security trends in the industry are a great plus.
- Having a good network of contacts with field sales organizations, memory solution provides, industry analysts, embedded OEMs and within the chipset/cpu/mcu industry is a plus.
- Working knowledge of/with industry processor & chipset features and roadmaps for x86 vendors
- Working knowledge of the attributes and capabilities enabled by Trusted Computing and related Trusted Computing Group specifications
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Good customer presence, presentation skills and communication skills
- Ability to analyze marketing data and understand macro and micro industry trends
- Ability to understand technical/architectural requirements, be able to have a first level of application and system specific dialog with customers
- Ability to develop effective presentations, internal and external collaterals
- Detail-oriented personality, with the ability to track multiple applications progress over time
- Ability and willingness to travel, sometimes internationally, up to 20 percent of the time.
BS degree in Electronics or Computer Engineering with minimum 8 years experience in a job as a Business Development Manager, Technical Sales, Technical Marketing Engineer, Systems/Applications Engineer or related occupation -or- MBA with a minimum of 5 years experience in a job as a Business Development Manager, Technical Sales, Technical Marketing Engineer, Systems Engineer
Keywords: Folsom || California (US-CA) || United States (US) || ESG || Experienced || Regular || Marketing || *LI-RS1 ||
Nearest Major Market: Sacramento
Job Segments: Semiconductor, Marketing, Marketing MBA, Engineer, Business Development, Science, Engineering, Sales